Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Decopauge...

Sorry, I know Christmas is over but I still have some things to share! I've been into decopauge for a little while now and love trying to find something to cover and make pretty! A few months ago, I bought a plain wooden box from Ben Franklin and decided to cover it with washi paper. I guess this one wasn't too creative so I cut out the flowers and fishes and spread it around. Then I just painted the inside black.




Then, I had a gift certificate to wrap and I was thinking of something other than the usual. I had kept my Absorber (cloth used to dry your car) container because the plastic was hard and it didn't smell or anything. I decided to decopauge it! Surprisingly, I didn't have enough Christmas dp and I didn't think to use wrapping paper so I tore little pieces of red and green computer paper. It took awhile to do the whole thing. Then I scattered snowflakes around and used stickles in the middle of each. Lastly, put ribbon around. I think it looks weird but I think it would look better with designer paper...there's always next time! TFL!

Here's the back...


and the front!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Cyndi!
    Luvn that washi paper! I just luv the Japanese designs with the cherry blossoms . . . TFS your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very creative! love your box! funny thing, I bought those boxes from BF but didn't know what to do with them after...great idea! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very creative box you made! I love the paper and colors you used!! Wonderful!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice! great paper! don't feel bad, I think that I'll be posting about Christmas until Easter! ha! I'm so behind...oh well! Thx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete